Any ship owner is interested in quick solution of problems arising in the process of operation. The ability to perform underwater repair of the vessel can significantly reduce downtime, and hence the financial loss of the owner.
Preparatory activities for underwater repair of the vessel
Preparatory activities provide an opportunity to assess the scope of work and the reality of repairs without docking. Planned or unscheduled inspection of the underwater part is a mandatory measure designed to assess the risks of further operation. For its holding afloat, we use special equipment and tools.
The whole process of inspection is filmed on a television camera; the image is transmitted to the monitor directly during the inspection. Qualified inspection of the ship afloat allows:
- To assess the ship’s hull.
- To determine the status of the cathodic and anodic protection.
- To detect breaks, cracks and dents.
- To fix the defects in the lattices of Kingston.
- To evaluate the propulsion group.
Without the use of docks can be performed a significant part of the repair activities including:
- Purification of the tail feathers and screw elements from foreign objects;
- Elimination of leakage with the use of a patch and a cement box or by welding a doubler;
- Update of deadwood gland packing;
- The replacement of elements of the tread;
- Sportovanie and cementing holes from missing bolts;
- Treatment of damaged edges of screw blades;
- If it is necessary to repair the Bottom-Board equipment, the plug of the Kingston is carried out.
Cleaning for inspection and underwater repair of the vessel
During preparation, the surface is cleaned of biological layers. Cleaning not only gives access to specialists to the hull, but also restores the performance of the vessel, reducing fuel consumption. Colonies of marine organisms are the cause of many troubles. The layer with a thickness of up to half a meter, and in advanced cases and exceeding this figure, provokes the occurrence of biochemical corrosion, increases fuel consumption up to 30%, reduces the speed, has a cavitation effect on the propeller blades.
For cleaning, mechanical and hydrodynamic methods for removing the build-up are used. The mechanical method with the use of hydraulic metals allows you to quickly clean large areas of the underwater part of the vessel, when cleaning hard-to-reach places, hydrodynamic cavitation is used. Both technologies eliminate the violation of the basic coating.
Underwater repair in the MRS GROUPS
The complex of repair and preventive measures is carried out in our company MRS GROUP by qualified specialists. All types of work are carried out in accordance with the pre-agreed terms, the customer does not have to worry about lost time or wasted money. Balanced prices, compliance with deadlines and high quality repairs – the basis of our cooperation with shipowners.